View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 05:58 PM

I don't see "predator" or "creepy" either. I think some people are getting way too hung up on certain language that has different or deeper meanings in the poly community than it tends to in the rest of society. Not everyone who comes to this forum is already going to know the lingo. That's why we have the Terms and Definitions thread, so chill the fuck out, folks. In the 4-and-a-bit months I've been here I've watched some people here drive at least 4 newbies away, including my two guys. Pat yourselves on the back, folks, you're doing an ACE job of helping people by tearing into them like that. No, I know, this doesn't apply to everyone. But it's a significant contingent.

PossiblyPoly, if you come back to read this at all, I'd say take the advice that makes sense to you and then ask for the thread to be deleted. I don't think any good is going to come of something where people think it's ok to call someone they don't know, with only 2nd or 3rd hand information, a predator. That's a serious accusation, people. I'd ask the mods to do something about it but they can be as harsh and judgmental as other posters.