View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 08:07 AM

just wanted to comment on this little paragraph that really struck me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionFlower View Post
But if I knew for sure I would be alone for the rest of my life would I choose to leave? No. What we have is better than not being with anyone. If I knew for sure that I would find someone(s) to love and care for who could also love and care for me, in the context of having multiple lovers, then I would definitely leave. But what I have is the unknown.
Yes, what you have is the unknown. And you.
For me, one of the biggest changes that living the poly-life has brought me, is that I started to realize that the unknown is really the only certainty I have. Thinking that someone will love you for the rest of your life may be comforting, but its a false sense of security.
Your husband could leave you, you know. He could fall in love with someone else. You THINK that this is impossible and will never happen, but look around you, these things happen all the time, to people who thought it would never happen to them.

Embrace the unknown. Anything can happen, what can you do to make it happen? And how will you respond and react when the things happen that you did not plan for?