Thread: Is it worth it?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 02:40 PM

First of all, I want to thank everyone for responding here with your advice.

I have at this point talked to the boyfriend- about slowing down as well as about poly. He and I agreed that it would be better for him to get his own place first and see how it goes before we rush into living together.

As to being poly: He understands that I feel attraction and have crushes outside of our relationship, but he is not comfortable with me acting on those feelings. He does not think he could ever set aside his jealousy, and he believes in the ideal of devoting yourself to one person. He also seemed to feel uncomfortable with the idea of me being in love with someone else, and said that were that to happen, he feels that the options would be for me to live with it or make a call on "who I love more".

I also asked him if he wanted to know if I had feelings for anyone other than him. He said that his initial instinct was yes, but asked me to give him time to consider it. So at present he does not know that I have feelings for my friend.

I would be lying if I said that I am not disappointed, but as long as I am with him- and I do want to be with him- poly is not an option. So that is that.

Again, thank you for all of your advice.