View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Hey Scott,

Just recognized your name/avatar/thread from PolyPercs and had to at least stop by and say hi.
Thanks :-). I had noted your arrival here with some interest but had decided to not say anything for a while, as I didn't want you to be mired in any of the controversy surrounding me :-p.

Quote:
I took your poll; I agree there's probably some crossover in principle, but I wouldn't make any commitments about how *much* crossover I think there is.
Understood.

Quote:
I know the originally-cited study shows some evidence of sex-work crossover.

I'll also say that in the about-four years that I've spent on poly forums (mostly Ppercs, but anyway), I've observed quite a few cases where swingers were transitioning into poly, or where already-poly persons are swingers also. So I'd estimate there's considerable crossover between swing and poly.
It would seem that you haven't seen much crossover between polyamory and sex work, and I would say that I've also not seen as much of this; this is why polyamory is furthest away from sex work in my thread title. I do believe there is a bit more crossover between swinging and sex work then polyamory and sex work, but I have no hard data on that; it just seems to fit, as I think that sex work and swinging are more associated with physical pleasure versus emotional ones, whereas I think that polyamory is more about the emotions then the physical side of things.

Quote:
Anyway, hi, always nice to see a familiar face.
For sure :-). Thanks for chipping in. I think you were a real life saver over at PPercs for me; I think that people (including myself at times) can get very emotionally involved in a particular position and it's nice to have someone who just tries to analyze the whole thing objectively.