View Single Post
  #50  
Old 05-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Scott's Avatar
Scott Scott is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: near Toronto, Canada -.-
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrelations View Post
In my experience, prostitution is not always limited to a quick one hour affair without emotional entanglements. It can be more than that and truly qualify as polyamorous behavior.
I agree. But most importantly, I think we need to remember that prostitutes are -people-. The whole reason that this thread came into being is because I met a woman who identified as both a sex worker -and- polyamorous. For reasons that now appear rather obvious to me (the vitriol directed my way for even suggesting that prostitution and polyamory could have crossover being an excellent example), she was rather cautious about letting many people in the polyamorous community regarding her sex work, and it may be that this caution on her part may have led to us going our separate ways, but it led me to think, and write, about my belief that there is some crossover between these forms of non monogamous relationships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrelations View Post
It's interesting you are writing from Toronto.
Actually, I haven't lived in Toronto for a year now; I'm -near- Toronto, laugh :-). That being said, I have lived there (and in its suburbs) for most of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrelations View Post
Toronto is quite liberal for this sort of thing. One can find many escorts which are very normal, sometimes highly educated women who simply like sex.
I'm not sure it's that simple. I think it's more that people need money to survive, and a fair amount of women have decided that the best way to acquire atleast part of it is through sex work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrelations View Post
My wife was an escort in Toronto when I met her. She was an absolutely stunning Asian lady, very elegant, tall, slim, long hair, chatty. I fell in love, recommended her to my colleagues and eventually ended up marrying her.
That's so sweet :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrelations View Post
We decided not to publicize our wedding among my friends because, as much as Toronto is very liberal, this would have seemed like stretching our luck. So we moved out.
Point well taken. Perhaps you'd rather not say (and if so, I understand), but when you say London, do you mean London, Ontario, or London, England?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrelations View Post
Still, my wife finds prostitution as very enjoyable. She has several lovers, mostly married men from out of town, and keeps them company when they are in town. They pay her for her time.
Wow, interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrelations View Post
I don't find anything wrong with that. To make it work, I committed to be monogamous or else she would feel insecure. I have no problem with being monogamous and on her side.
I couldn't do that, laugh :-). I haven't had that many lovers to be honest; I've had sex with 3 women in my entire life. But the idea of committing to being with only one person... I once told a woman that I could commit to this for a year, but no longer. I could certainly -tell- them if I became attracted to another woman, but that's rather different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrelations View Post
Her promiscuous affairs are sufficient stimulus for our sexual life to the point that I am uninterested in developing extra marital relationships.

This went on for 13 years now and we are just fine. Our marriage lasted longer than most after all.
That's an awesome story nr- thanks for sharing :-)
Reply With Quote