View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 07:47 AM

Yay, *you* have a blog!

I'm friends with more people I've stopped having sex with since I started a policy of 40 days of no contact once we decide to stop having sex. Someone recommended that to me, and when I've done it, I've most often been able to, and wanted to, continue the friendship (and so have they). There was a woman who dumped while I was in New Jersey (and she was taking in my mail!). We don't talk. 40 days gives me time to think of all the horrible things and pleading things I want to say, and it protects me from saying them!

But I did that when I broke up with FirstBF. I attribute a lot of our friendship repair to CurrentBF, who always advocated both of us to each other. He really didn't believe we'd really broken up for the first few weeks. In the breakup conversation, I was explaining to him (again) that if I've liked you well enough to fuck you, I'm not going to stop liking you just because we don't do that anymore. When I told him I couldn't bear the thought of never talking to him again, and that I'd seriously miss him, was when he broke down. ('there, are you happy now, I'm crying' 'why yes, now that you mention it, I am')

Requirements for a spine and a brain, those are good.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)