View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
If you take two poly people together and ask them to define what love means to them, you are just as likely to get two different answers as if you were to ask a mono person and a poly person together.

If you take two mono people and asked them to define what love means to them, you are just as likely to get two different answers as if you were to ask a poly person and a mono person together.

This seems more like a people issue than a mono/poly issue.
I am not so sure. I think poly people will more likely give some kine of Heinlein quote or to say it in a more generic fashion. I am pretty sure that poly people are more likely to be more gay friendly and would word the statemnt of love in a more gender neutral manner.

I think mono people will mention loving one special person and be more likely to be heterosexual oriented definition.

I also think that "mono" group is being used in two ways. One is a person beought up in a monogamous culture and one is a person who feels monogamous upon internal introspection.

A lot of this sounds very analogous to the human races. The average difference between any two races is greater than the difference between any two members of any race.