View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackUnicorn View Post
I'm just starting to grasp how interconnected you all are. Don't you ever just get the urge to date someone from, say, Madagaskar? To avoid all this weird community criss-crossing of relationships and baggage?
Why do you think it's weird? Nothing wrong with dating within a community. I used to belong to a large group of friends who were connected by these workshops we all used to take and retreats we went on. It was a big part of my life for six years, so we all got to know each other very well. And we all dated each other.

We used to call it recycling! There was one guy who dated at least ten women in the group, and we were all friends with each other. I dated quite a few guys from that group, and each of them dated quite a few women from the group. Then, a few years later, we'd be invited to a wedding. Little did the families know how well we all know the bride and groom! And this was a group of all straight monogamous people, so I would think it would work out even better with a poly community.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein