View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPepper View Post
And don't you, and others who read this, feel more liberated overall? Not just in relationships but in other aspects of life? I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefromgirl View Post
Actually, no. Not only is my relationship not protected by any law, I get to keep it mostly under wraps so future employers can't say "Oh, she's unfit for this career." Being poly has also not magically solved the disability thing or the one-crisis-away-from-poverty thing.

I did all the hard work of liberating myself from the things that were fixable myself, and I'm proud of that. Only a small part of that has to do with polyamory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowbound View Post
I relate the most to your sentiments in terms of answering HP's question, LFG. It has been an ongoing process, over time, and poly is just another part of that.
I'm the odd one out yet again! LOL

I think I have conformed for too long, and while pulling my finger out of the dyke I got a flood when I expected a trickle. Coming to terms with being poly was a big step to my personal liberation ('big' maybe because it is my first serious attempt at casting off the yoke?).

But I think I understand what you both are saying - it's a process and this is just one step.