View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 07:27 AM

Sometimes Davis can be a bit of a recluse, but that's not been the case at all lately, which I highly approve of. He found a sport he really likes and he's been practicing multiple hours a day most days, making new friends in the process. Jay, his best friend, and Bonnie, Jay's gf, both play also. The three of them have been hanging out a lot lately. It tickles me, I think to myself "I have Gia and Eric, he has Jay and Bonnie." Of course, his relationship with Jay is platonic. But then again it's not like mine with Gia has been notably sexual so much lately.

I love having crushes. I find it pleasantly distracting and diverting. A little like being tipsy. When I was younger crushes were wonderful but also problematic, because I had the idea that I ought to figure out what to do about them. Nowadays I can savor the tinge of excitement that a crush brings without feeling like I need to give it any sort of significance and generally without wondering what to do, especially if there are complications or reasons not to go for it, because I know that I have all the love I need. An unattainable crush is merely a pinch of extra flavor in the rich stew of my life.

All of that is leading up to saying that, yes, I still have a minor crush on Jay. Nothing like as heavy as when I was writing about it before, but it's there. I'm very very aware of him when he's around, I notice how much I'm looking or not looking at him, I notice the slightest touch of our fingers. And I'm actually beginning to really like Bonnie too as I get to know her better. It's hard not to imagine what the four of us would look like as a quad.

We all hung out last night, pleasant and silly and relaxed. Today we're all going to go on a day trip together. The plans include sports, nature, a movie, and a visit to Davis's parents. Heh, I guess this IS what we'd look like as a quad... just without the kissy-touchy stuff. A shame.