View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 03:43 AM

Been thinking a lot about marriage and longer-term poly relationships now that my relationship with Dude (and therefore our Vee) has passed the 1 year mark and MrS and I are coming up on our 16th wedding anniversary. Reading through old threads on the topic and came across this thread.

I realize that many people probably don't post as much when things have settled down so I am curious to know how these longer-term poly relationships are going. Any updates from the original posters in this thread? Any newer posters that are married and involved in stable relationships that have passed the NRE phase? (I know I have seen a few in that past few months).

For the record (as it pertains to the conversation in this thread), MrS and I got married without the expectation of monogamy. The form that this non-monogamy has taken and our agreements have evolved over time (which is not inconsistent with the vows that we made to each other). Although we have had our share of rough spots, sadness, and fights - our relationship has grown and deepened over time. This has allowed our trust and devotion to expand as well. I love (and like) my husband more with each and every passing year...which I did not realize would happen (I was happy then, thought I was at the peak of what "happy" could be - so pleasantly surprised to be WRONG!)

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi married female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe