View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by love13 View Post
... we've had so little experience together that it might be best to do some practicing with folks not so central to our lives - but is there such a thing as easing into this? Just sex or more romantically?
Hmmm, yeah, I'm not so hot on this one. I don't know that your chances of success would be as good with people that you viewed as "practice" partners while you where getting set for what you see as the "real deal". I think the chances are likely better with people that you already know and care for and that already care about you.

I think that the main reason why our Vee has worked so far (or even got off the ground to start with) is BECAUSE of the relationships we already had with each other. Yes, the risks if it crashes and burns are that much higher but each person already has incentive to give it their absolute best shot to try to make it work....just my musings, take it for what it's worth. Then again, I don't know that I'm good at easing into things - I may be a "no-go" or "whole-hawg" kinda girl...
Me: poly bi female, in an "open-but-not-looking" V-plus with -
MrS: hetero polyflexible male, live-in husband (23+ yrs)
Dude: hetero poly male, live-in boyfriend (4+ yrs) and MrS's BFF
Lotus: "it's complicated"
SLeW: platonic girlfriend + BFF
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe

Last edited by JaneQSmythe; 05-05-2012 at 02:08 AM.