Thread: Poly Saturated
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 09:19 AM

This is something I've been thinking about lately, too. I have two partners, one that I live with and one that is LDR, but we spend a lot of time talking to each other via skype (about every other day and 2-8 hours at a time, usually 3-4 hours) and I travel to see her usually every month for about 4-7 days. I also have an active social life and quite a lot of friends. Now I have a new person in my life that I like and I'm trying to figure out how he fits in. I'm thinking more like a FWB-type-relationship but we'll see if it becomes even that. I feel quite polysaturated and I wasn't looking for anyone new, but.. I do think that I'm missing out on something if I just leave this be. On the other hand, I really love my partners and don't want to hurt my relationships with them. I don't want to spend significantly less time with them than I do now. I'm trying to find a balance. Right now I feel like I would be fine otherwise, but godddammit that I have to work, too! I mean I have enough energy to handle all this, but time is tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strixish View Post
On the other hand, am I setting myself up to burn out? Am I not going to be able to properly honor the relationships I'm in, if I spread myself too thin?
I think your life sounds really full. I do think that at some point if you have too many partners it becomes more difficult to concentrate on each and every one of them. But obviously only you know when you've reached that limit. Or maybe your partners have some idea how you're treating them? If they feel everything's fine and your relationship with them is still enjoyable and you think so too, then I see no problem. How do you feel, are you still enjoying all your relationships? Can you concentrate on the partner you're with when you're with them? Or do you feel like your mind is all over the place?

Last edited by Mya; 04-28-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Correcting a typo