View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 03:50 AM

1) Honest, loving relationships with multiple people.

2) I'm Annabel. Late 30's, short, semitic, curvy, geeky, weird, poly, queer, kinky. I'm easily social, but form authentic connections relatively slowly. I like to think and write and laugh and play. A little addicted to the internet. Into cities.

3) 2.5? There's Davis, my bf. He's an introvert with a floppy mohawk who likes birds. He's mono and very devoted to me, very geeky, slightly kinky, straight. We've known each other for about 15 years, dated once upon a time for 3 years, and have been trying again since last June. We see each other multiple times a week. He's hung out in social situations with Gia and Eric a couple of times but finds doing so to be a little uncomfortable.

Then there's Gia, my gf. She's a friend from college. I got together with her and her husband for a threesome 3 years ago and about 6 months later we decided to date. She's an artist with a strong social conscience and she's also a great new mom. Curvy as heck. She has social anxiety but manages to be amazingly social. She's poly, bi, geeky, kinky-ish and getting kinkier. We see each other about once a week.

Finally Eric, Gia's husband, the ".5". We were lovers before Gia got pregnant and the expectation is that we will be again at some point, but the time hadn't been quite right yet. We've never been romantic partners though I had an unrequited thing for him for a good while. Now we're just friends/metamours, but I think of him as family. He doesn't really like people, forms VERY few strong bonds, loves nature, and is a rad dad. Straight, probably would call himself non-monogamous rather than poly, kinky-ish on a physical level at least, geeky. I see him when I see Gia.

4) It used to be the good ol' MFF triad, but I've let that go. No ideal at present except to love and be loved and have both wild times and security. I just don't see the point in thinking any other way when I don't know what the future will bring.

5) I'm out to everyone who matters to me and only retreat somewhat into the closet (I wouldn't lie about it but I don't talk about it) at work and with extended family, mainly because I just don't feel like explaining myself and being judged by people I can't escape from but don't have a real personal connection to. Occasionally it irritates me not to be 100% out 100% of the time, but where I'm at works for me.

6) Mostly it's all good. I think any form of "package deal" (you have to be with both of us or neither of us) is a terrible idea.

7) Best -- Not having to kick one person out of your heart/life in order to invite in another. Extra support and intimacy.
Worst -- Potential for compounded drama! Jealousy.

8) I think so.

9) I think people, including my imaginary kids, should know it's an option, but I wouldn't try to say whether or not it might be right for any given person.

Last edited by AnnabelMore; 04-27-2012 at 04:32 AM.