Things to mention if you are looking for a new poly relationship
So I see so many personal ads, here and in other places, that give so very few details about what they are looking for...
I'm not going to pick on any one ad, and I am definitely not just picking on the so-called Unicorn Hunters out there, but isn't what you are looking for a little more than a gender?
If you want to encourage someone to write back, it would be a good idea if you could give them an idea of whether or not they are wasting their time...
So, in the hopes of making things better, I am starting this thread to allow the folks that may respond to such ads an opportunity to talk about what information they would like to see in such an ad.
I'd like to try to keep this constructive, and not bring in some of the "digs" that people make towards folks that are searching.
I'd like to avoid the non-poly suggestions, which I think are easy to find on other "dating help" websites (such as kids, religion, etc)
If this turns into a useful list, then maybe we can refer to it in our discussions with disillusioned folks who post here, or maybe help those posting in our personal section with some ideas....
So, as some starting ideas:
* What's your own relationship status? Do you, or either of you, have other lovers?
* Are you expecting this other person to be completely single, or is it ok if they have (or develop while knowing you) other relationships.
* Would you be ok with starting a relationship with another couple?
* Are you willing to do a Long Distance Relationship? If so, are you willing to travel to them, expecting them to come to you, or split it 50/50
* If you are a couple, are you willing to develop individual relationships with each member of the couple or is this a "package deal".
What else is sort of poly-specific?
"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb