View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 04:03 PM

I haven't yet read the article but wanted to comment on the conversation in the comments here... I imagine that part of the "raising someone else's child" fear might be about logistics and bonds. If a man who's not a primary partner impregnates your wife and she keeps the child, what rights does he now have in your lives, what roles that otherwise might not have been sought out? His involvement can never just be easily cut out if things go awry -- he's a father, life has been made together, he has or should have a say in this very important endeavor, raising a child, for the next two decades at least. It's no small matter, for any of the four of you (the two people sharing the primary bond, the other man, the child).