View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefromgirl View Post
The group wasn't a good fit, though some of the people were. Does that make sense?
Completely. Thank you so much for sharing. I am not a joiner, so if I skim off a couple friends from any group whatsoever, I`ll consider the experience a success.

Kudos for taking the initiative to ask CDM out. I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
the "couples" thing wasn't anywhere near as prevalent as at non-poly social gatherings.
Yes, mono hetero social functions are almost impossible for me to frequent these days out of PDA alone. Going to movie theaters is a challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberRain View Post
I'm not excessively shy ~ I have my moments. I really had to push myself to go there alone and get out of my car. I looked at very much like when I was entering the gay community (so many years ago).

Actually, I had pretty low expectations. They were exceeded. Pretty normal folks. I was surprised by the age range, lots of younger folks and a few folks older than I/my age-ish.
Thanks for sharing. I`m pretty sparing in chats with people I might not relate to. And, sparing as far as fluff talk in general. If it`s funny, I`ll join in. If it`s heartfelt, I`ll join in. But, if it`s who where what when, I give up pretty easy.

I`m impressed with your determination to go there by yourself. I`ll be doing the same. I`m sort of wondering if my being single is going to go over well. Did you come out as gay/bi to the group? If so, how receptive were they?

Last edited by feelyunicorn; 04-23-2012 at 03:05 PM.