View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
I don't see what's so wrong with along for more time if you're actively using that time to get more comfortable? I mean, why not get on the firest possible footing before moving forward... that could spare everyone's feelings versus if you move forward because it's supposed to be time to but aren't really ready and end up having to ask him and some new flame to break it off. On the other hand if you don't think you can get any more ready than you are now, you probably do just need to take the plunge.
I wish I knew what else to do. Even thought I definitely don't feel on sure footing, at all, I don't know how to make any more progress. My partner has given me everything I've asked for, and I know he's impatient and frustrated. I feel like maybe I have to give a little instead of taking.

NakedEarth, thank you for the kind words, it means a lot. I know in the wrinkly parts of my brain that you're right, and I have so much to be grateful for -- it can be hard to break out of these cycles of sadness and negativity, so your reminder is much appreciated