View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
But either way, cheating doesn't have a very strict definition.
Tonberry, I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you. I think that it's vital that each relationship come up with a very explicit definition of the rules of the relationship to determine exactly what is and isn't considered "cheating". And that needs to happen very close to the start of the relationship.

If it is left with grey areas, then there could be all sorts of very real potential for hurt and breaches of trust. When there is hurt and a lack of trust, then the relationship is liable to flounder badly, or even not survive.

Society doesn't encourage is to have this discussion, relying instead on some sort of cultural norms, propagated by popular culture. I think that we need to think for ourselves and put stuff in place to make sure that we don't hurt the ones we love, or be hurt by them.

I have a feeling that you may have been saying just this with your next sentence, but I wasn't sure...

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb