View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 05:26 AM

nycindie, that was beautiful, thanks.

I feel like I never fall out of love. In me, it's not mostly a good thing; it's borne of the dysfunction that grew me. I've recycled more than once. I broke up with both my current partners (when we were mono). I dated my high school boyfriend about 10 years later, after his wife died. It was kind of fun to date again (I don't think we had sex but I honestly can't remember now). He was looking for a new mom for his two daughters, and I knew I could not go there.

My view of the world allows me to still call it love. Maybe it is a coping mechanism, I'm okay with that interpretation. I think on him and his soul. He was absolutely what I needed in high school. He brought me a helluva lot of love, freedom, independence, and confidence. He showed up for me in a time that my family was a really horrible place to be. He got me out. If he showed up on my doorstep tomorrow, I'd have him in for a meal. For a roommate? Not likely.

and fwiw, I've been frustrated at the way they handle the love stories on Eureka myself.!
Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own...
Robert A. Heinlein

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)