View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 11:49 PM

For me, when I start feeling disenchanted with a relationship, I begin to look at my own life. It is a flag for me when I begin to look towards something outside of myself (even if it's my primary relationship) to help me feel fulfillment.

Intimate relationships are extremely rewarding and I do depend on them. Most of the things I value in life can only be realized in relationship, so relationships are extremely important for me. That said- any time I begin to feel like I'm not getting enough from a particular person, it is a flag for me to take charge of my life. I like to consider things like- what is my purpose in life? What are my strengths, gifts and talents? How can I contribute to others? Perhaps I could focus more on my clients and develop more meaningful connections with them which will enhance the services I am providing to them. Am I happy with my career? What about my retirement plan?

Once I begin to take charge of my life by getting in touch with my essence and starting to make choices and decisions to manifest positive changes in the other important areas of my life (other than my primary relationship) then my satisfaction level with my relationship shifts magically!

In fact, I then notice that my concentration on the relationship can actually be a way to avoid the issues in my life that really need to be addressed.

This may not apply to you, but I'm just sharing my true experiences that I have struggled with in my life.

Thanks for posting and sharing! I'm sure you will get a lot of good feedback here!