View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalescent View Post
I am inclined to tell people about my exposure to high risk HPV. Not everyone I know or interact with has good health care, or may have good health care in the future. I want people to know so they can judge their risk level. And I tend to be more on the open disclosure side of things generally. Generally, the more open I've been, the better my life has been. So I will go the disclosure route for now and see how that goes. I'm a little worried that no one will have sex with me again (I know I'm exagerating but still, it's a worry).

I'm also going to continue to find information. I'm also going to tell my doctor she has to do better on education herself and her patients about this disease. After all, if stats hold true, most of her patients have it. And I'm thinking about some sort of support group somewhere. I heard on Polyamory weekly about a HSV group that had conventions, parties, and education events as well as support. I thought this was awesome. Going to look into something like that.
You can always network with others who also have HPV. If most people have it, you should be having more sex, not less!

j/k