View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
Look, I'm not going to defend the guy automatically, but for those who made blanket statements that "timing" must mean "cheating", I don't agree.
I would like to point out that I said it is highly suspect but not that it MUST mean cheating. I said that it sounds like he's cheating IF they've already been fucking and he hasn't told her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
Even if I have a great poly relationship, if something dramatic has happened in my partner's life (death of a family member, lost job or whatever), that would be a horrible, selfish and irresponsible time to introduce the fact that you just met a potential person and that you want to explore a relationship with them.
I agree and stated something similar. However, it seems that the OP and this man have already gone beyond the point of considering exploring something. She says they have "been together 3-4 times" and that she cannot "help but feel guilty for being with someone whose partner does not yet know about me." I took "Been together" and "being with" him to mean that they have had sex. Maybe I'm wrong. Obviously, we don't have clear details.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia

Click here for a Solo Poly view on hierarchical relationships
Click here to find out why the Polyamorous Misanthrope is feeling disgusted.