View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 01:00 AM

Slept with Sugar last night as C crashed over with another friend. Carob leaving town tomorrow morning. Ah... But if all goes to plan, it won't be too long before I see him again (I'm planning to head over there about this time next month)

Loved how easy we slipped in together and how good it felt to curl up to S. Even though Carob is leaving soon, it was good to spend some one-on-one time with Sugar. Have been missing it.

In the early hours of the morning I thought about sleeping alone... It's something I hardly ever do, but I'd like to make time for somehow.

Well, what I'd really like is to have whatever experiences are necessary to have enough empathy with how things are for other people. E.g. how things feel for S not having me around at times when he would like it. What it feels like to sleep alone in our house. Not necessarily to orchestrate opportunities, but really value chances when they come my way.

I know the same thing won't necessary feel the same for me as they feel for other people, and also there are some things I just won't be able to experience personally. But the small windows I've happened upon into how things roll on the "other sides" of my relationships have really helped me understand other points of view in a deeper way.