View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by amuk View Post
I do have feelings that I deserve better and the best thing I can do for myself is end this marriage, but at this moment I'd like to focus on ways I may be better able to accept things as they are. I know the less I focus on the negatives in my marriage the more likely I will find someone else for myself to have a crush on, fall in love with, and/or be able to go out on fun dates with.
And who is going to want to enter into the icky dynamic you have going on? Please don't lay the burden on some unsuspecting nice woman you might date to magically transform your life and rescue you. Unfortunately, you need to rescue yourself.

Yes, you do deserve better. I'm sorry but it sounds like she is not the type to want to change. It's unfortunate that there are people like this (both men and women) who feel entitled and do not look at the effect they have on those around them. If I were you, I would: end the marriage (as economically as possible) or separate, look at what attracted you to this type of person in the first, and then work on those issues. Did you want a trophy wife? I have a feeling that things will be much better for you if you move on.
The world opens up... when you do.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

Click here for a Solo Poly view on hierarchical relationships
Click here to find out why the Polyamorous Misanthrope is feeling disgusted.