View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
You can't "make" your friends do anything. If they don't or won't want to see and understand your point of view, there is nothing you can do about it. However, you can stand up for yourself if you feel they are being overbearing with their opinions, judgmental, or invasive.

Basically, you say, "I appreciate your concerns for me, but I don't feel that you are trying to see my side of things. Unless you are willing to be open-minded, this subject will be off-limits from now on. And if you continue to bark at me and judge me, we might not be friends anymore. I don't want that to happen, so please do a little reading about polyamory and ask me questions if you want to know what makes me happy."

And just because they are your friends now doesn't mean they have to stay your friends forever. Choose the people who are supportive and nurturing to be your friends, and let go of the ones that act like assholes.
Thanks so much for your input actually your reply has made my day, it was exactly what I thought but I was in an inner battle I didn't want my friends to believe I didn't care or that I no longer care for them, but at the end I realized that I am caring much more for what they got to say rather than what truly makes me happy