Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 09:05 PM

Our kids are a lot younger than yours WeaselBob. My eldest or as he is affectionately called Boy 1 (makes it easier when I am flustered instead of running through all the kids names and the dogs to get to who I need ) is 11, our daughter or Princess (a not so affectionate name) is 8 and Boy 2 is 2.

We only had the sex talk last year with Boy 1. I had given him a book, The True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, and over breakfast he asked "What's a boner?" and "What's masturbation?" Needless to say, I have started pre-reading any questionable books so I am not blindsided again. Our daughter wants to have "the talk", but when we start she decides her room needs to be cleaned immediately . And Boy 2 still thinks he's a puppy, so we have a little time.

I think the conversation I am looking to have with my kids is more about emotions. I would like to, when appropriate, talk about how we can love more than one person at one time, because we love each person differently. I didn't know if anyone else had had this conversation with their kids. Perhaps I am over thinking this.

Thanks WeaselBob and Mono for letting me know what your experiences have been.

Dani