View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by opalescent View Post
... unfortunately, you and J have different definitions of a romantic relationship and different resources to meet those definitions....
I agree with this. For me, personally, cuddling in the basement after the kids (theirs...I don't have any) have gone to sleep sounds WAY more enticing than having to get dressed in real clothes and go out to a dinner (my boys cook better than most restaurants) and a movie/show (most of which are not my cup of tea). But I am an introvert and a homebody . Spending time in public places with strangers around is so draining...rather be home (mine preferably, but a friend's if necessary) in comfy clothes, relaxing and having interesting conversations with someone fascinating while having a really good beer sounds like a perfect evening to me.

Good thing for me that MrS and Dude are on my page there...although Dude had to learn that I REALLY don't like other people in my house until we are already close (his friends may be awesome people...but this is private space for me).

Everyone has a different perspective, I guess.

Me: poly bi female, in an "open-but-not-looking" Vee-plus with -
MrS: hetero polyflexible male, live-in husband (23+ yrs)
Dude: hetero poly male, live-in boyfriend (4+ yrs) and MrS's best friend
Lotus: poly bi married (to TT) female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe