View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
I haven't persuaded anyone who's monogamous to become poly, but I still like getting them to think a bit atleast (and I have managed that).
I agree - I'm not in this world to try to convince someone to change their feelings about something they want to do in their own lives because I respect their choices. However, this is about finding acceptance of our way of thinking, while allowing folks to be monogamous if they desire, is it not?
Aye.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Seriously, what is so "different" about romantic love vs. the more platonic kind, -especially- if sexuality isn't involved? Actually that bring up a question; can romantic love truly be removed entirely from sexuality? I wonder...
A question I have asked quite a few folks, and the usual answer is "I don't know, it just IS".
A weak argument if ever I saw one, laugh :-).

Quote:
Trying to apply logic to discussions about matters of the heart is often futile, in my experience.
Well, like you said, this isn't really about persuading anyone that poly is for them, it's just about persuading them that poly can work for some people; and in that, I think, I've made some headway atleast :-p.