View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 01:16 AM

I went out on a date once and took my ring off for her benefit (her friends were around and they wouldn't understand). I nearly lost it that night and decided to wear it after finding it again.

I've taken it off a few other times while at the bar to make it easier to hit on women but my intention was never to hide my intentions or status. Unfortunately, I was drunk, and so the odds were already stacked against me. So off came the ring.

I much prefer the ring. Whenever I take it off, for whatever the reason, it leaves a weird feeling and I often flick my thumb over the spot to check for it. I don't like having it off. The longest I've ever had it off intentionally (sometimes I do yard work and take it off and forget about it) is maybe two hours. After that it becomes unbearable to leave it off.

My wife left her rings here when she went to LA because the size of them at the time made her nervous. They are heirlooms from her deceased mother and if she lost them she would be devastated. She wore something that I bought her that meant more to "us" than her wedding and engagement ring did.

I have since had her rings re-sized, and she wears them much more frequently.

Kyle: 27 year old male
Katie (rymmare): 25 year old female
Kids: girl: 5 years old, boy: 3 years old