View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
...Because of all those factors, while I have no cause to think it's impossible for me to have a biological child, I also accept that it might never happen.
I'm 38 and it took me a long time to accept that it would probably never happen for me. It was even harder to make the decision to actively take measures that would ensure that it wouldn't .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
...With Lin, as you said, if it were just the two of you, you wouldn't be thinking of having a kid, and with his health the future is no guarantee. Getting to be there with you and Sward and the new baby may be a shot at experiencing some of the magic of this whole process that he would otherwise have no opportunity for...
I would not have thought about having a baby with Dude if it were just the two of us. Based on his responses when I was (briefly) pregnant I think that he really would have enjoyed the vicarious experience.

(I wrote (more than I intended) about our experience in another thread: http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showt...967#post130967)

Whatever you all decide it sounds like you are starting from a really strong foundation. Good luck!

JaneQ

PS. I'm also a "talking a topic to death" sort myself...totally understand where you are coming from there.
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe