View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneQSmythe View Post
How long has your Vee been together? Do you all live together?
Thank you for the warm welcome. We've been a vee for about two years now, not living together yet, but that's only temporary due to logistics. Once we get jobs/schooling/planets to align, we'll be one big happy family under a single roof. I really look forward to that day. In the meantime, we do a lot of traveling to each other, and constantly on FaceTime.

Quote:
The concept of poly seemed perfectly natural to me (I credit early exposure to the concept via Heinlein's science fiction).
That's funny, because I clearly remember reading Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land" when I was a kid. I never considered his "line marriage" to be anything other than a very strange scifi element... certainly nothing real or to possibly consider in real life. But when my wife mentioned "polyamory" to me the first time (and I finished looking it up on the web to figure out what it meant), the novel immediately came flooding back into my head. I kept going on and on about how "that's just like what Heinlein wrote!" or "seriously honey, look at this!" (showing her the novel). LOL Ok, so maybe I was a little slow on the uptake. I also didn't realize that light sabres represented swords when I saw Star Wars as a kid. (I was really little back then... that's my excuse. ;)

Quote:
I like to read through the new threads and then read the blogs here of the people that I think have said something interesting. As a member of a functioning Vee I think that you probably have a lot to add for people who are coming here looking for advise relating to their freshly minted Vees (and Ns/Zs/Ms/Ws :D). Looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Hopefully we'll also be a freshly minted N again someday. We used to be for about a year or so, but now we're back to being a V for the time being.