View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 03:17 AM
KyleKat KyleKat is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 284
Default Sunday & Monday - Weekend Withdrawal

I woke up in a sour mood. I went over to a friend's house with my wife and we helped him move. It took us roughly 2 hours to complete, which isn't bad when you consider most move jobs I've been a part of have either been multi-day or 8 hour events. During this 2 hour extravaganza A told me to knock off my sour mood. I tried, I failed, then I ate some gluten-free pizza and I was happier than before said pizza. I don't remember if I've mentioned it here but my son (who was not with us) and my wife (who was with me) have a gluten intolerance. I'm not going to go into super detail on that because it's identifying to anyone that knows me personally but suffice to say we stay away from gluten. ANYWAY. It was delicious. I love gluten-free food.

The day elongated, I mowed the grass (yay! my mower still runs!), other stuff happened, and eventually it was the afternoon. My wife was super nice and let me be playful with her. Then she rubbed my back with this heart shaped thing she got from her party. Basically, you boil it and then let it cool to room temperature. Then you pinch this metal thing in it and it gets harder and warms up on it's own. I don't know how to explain it very well. What I do know is that when you do all of this it makes a great back massaging tool. It would not make a good tool for any sort of non-back massaging though because it gets too warm and it has sharp seams. Moving on. It left me feeling very relaxed and enjoying my night. I talked to A for a little while but eventually we both fell asleep.

Today starts my new job. HOLY CRAP IT WAS AMAZING. I woke up and, for the first time in a long time, didn't hate having to get up for work. I got there and we received an email on some thing that was supposed to take my team (which consisted of four people today because two were out) all day to complete. Except I am a boss and completed it in 30 minutes. My new team was pretty impressed and I sent it back to the team that sent us the work and they were pretty impressed as well.

There's a lot of other really awesome stuff that I got to do at work that I'm not going to discuss on here because A. It's not important and B. I probably shouldn't be discussing the details of my job with every single person that wants to read this. Suffice to say there was a lot of different things that happened and I was so incredibly happy to be there. I spent all day super happy and didn't fuck around on the computer hardly at all, which is a good thing, considering I'm supposed to be working.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot! For lunch today, my wife met me for a picnic. She was supposed to go visit her sister but she came to visit me instead (no, she could not have done both, her sister lives an hour away) so that was epic. She brought me left over gluten-free pizza. I LOVE THIS WOMAN! God it was so good. Back to timeline.

Came home, told my wife and my mom about my day at work, grilled out, walked up to the local ice cream shop with my family, and talked quite a bit to A about Myer-Briggs (I'm an ENFP apparently, I took two different ones to be sure) and talked to her about my day at work (and gave her a lot more details than I gave here) and all kinds of awesome.

Today was a really good day.
"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is the regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable." - Sydney Smith

Kyle: 27 year old male
Katie (rymmare): 25 year old female
Kids: girl: 5 years old, boy: 3 years old
Reply With Quote