View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Scott, you are on my ignore list so I don't usually see your posts anymore, but I looked this time because AutumnalTone had responded to you.
If that's the way you want it, so be it. I've heard that what you just did (write a strongly worded post and then saying that you're ignoring the person you're responding to) is a great way to kill a discussion, but I simply respond anyway; while you may never read this, others may.

Quote:
This thread is about friends with benefits and casual relationships and how they relate to being poly.
Agreed.

Quote:
This subject is important to more than a few of us. I really don't see how getting on your soapbox about how you see cheating as poly (when clearly it is not)
Just had to add your view on this didn't you :-p?

Quote:
will add any value to the discussion.
Perhaps you are unaware that friends with benefits can cheat, just like anyone else? Or do you think that they can't, simply because they're "casual" relationships? Well, we may never know your view, but I welcome anyone else to give their own view on that.

Quote:
I was not insulting you, I was stating my feelings.
As if you couldn't insult someone while stating your feelings. Anyway, you find someone who thinks that "cockamamie arguments" is a compliment, you let me know.

Quote:
You are a thread killer.
For some, apparently. For others, I provide food for thought.

Quote:
If you want to argue about how cheating is poly, like you argue that prostitution is poly, why not start your own thread about that?
Because I don't think that "cheating is poly". I think that people who at times cheat can still be classified as poly, atleast by some people who define themselves as poly. You clearly aren't one of them, and I respect that. I personally don't -like- cheating; I wish that no one felt the need to cheat, that they could just come out to everyone they love and say what they're doing with their love lives, but this isn't the case at present.

Quote:
PS - If you want to know who Morning Glory Zell-Ravenheart is, you can Google her or look up "polyamory" in Wikipedia. For all the research you do to support your ideas about prostitution, it is rather odd you never researched polyamory enough to know the name AT was referencing.
I have certainly googled polyamory in the past, and actually read some of the polyamory article on wikipedia; Morning Glory simply wasn't something that I read about at the time. I've now googled up Morning Glory herself and came up with her wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning...ell-Ravenheart

Interesting, but while she may be written an article with one of the "first[citation needed] modern English uses of the term "polyamory"", this doesn't mean that she's the only person who gets to define the word.