View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
I met both my lovers online, and I am a great advocate of online dating

about the competition thing: that's a tough one. I was talking about this with my husband just today. How would I feel if he had his girlfriend and i had nobody? There was a time like that and it made me anxious, jealous, jumpy, restless, scared, and a lot of other unpleasant things. We both recognize that a situation like that could occur again for either of us - symmetry is very hard to achieve.

I guess the challenge is being happy for your spouse and still actively pursuing your own interests without feeling bitter, hurried, jealous or lonely.

Quite the challenge huh?
That's the thing. I'm definitely not jealous. Maybe envious? I see what she has and I want it. I can see her cheering up more and more each day and she hasn't even gone out with B yet. She definitely needs the attention more than I do because I'm not necessarily unhappy. I'm happy for her and I'm glad she is finding people. I think we have both felt hurried at one point throughout this.
"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is the regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable." - Sydney Smith

Kyle: 27 year old male
Katie (rymmare): 25 year old female
Kids: girl: 5 years old, boy: 3 years old