View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 03:23 PM

Hi all, and thanks for your replies.

@Mudita, I agree completely, being the knight in shining armour is something he has a history of, though he says he doesn't want to do that any more and denies that he is doing it here, though it's pretty obvious that he is.

@Derbylicious - sometimes me and my metamour are going to find ourselves in the same place (usually with both my boyfriend and my husband) so it is important that we at least get on, not that we're good friends. I've been pushing for the 'just getting on' thing, she appears to want to be friends, and I'm too nice, or scared, or whatever, to push her away. It's my default setting to try and get on with people.

@opalescent - my boyfriend and I have discussed this at length, and he is apparently making concerted efforts not to pander to her at my expense. He does, by his own admission, avoid conflict, and I'm not sure it's going to be easy for him to get past that.

I think things are sorted as far as they can be with my boyfriend, and I think I'm going to have to do as you say and take a step back from her. It makes me incredibly frustrated that he can't see what's going on, but I am going to have to let their relationship be and focus on the good points of our relationship.