View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleKat View Post
I'm not saying I've never done exactly what she did but this was the first time she's been able to meet me for lunch without having to schedule first in the 5 years we have been married. This was totally on whim. My thoughts are that if she's willing to come in and spend time with me she should... I don't know. Spend time with me! Gah.

It made me more angry that it was LA considering she's been blowing him off for days now.
Husband had legitimate work related stuff he was attending to (even if he didn't say so at the time), but it still drives me apeshit and makes me feel ignored. Really, can't it wait 1 hour? It's all about expectations and unless we state our expectations up front we can't expect the other party to be clued in on them. Have a discussion about how that made you feel and let her know that it's not always going to be the case. Maybe you guys can make a compromise, like telling each other up front if it's a "no phone" or "phones OK" time. It seems annoying and like "but I shouldn't have to...", but it does save so many hurt feelings down the road.