View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 03:01 AM
Default Monday - A Distant Voice

If my life were a vinyl record...

Side A of Monday (not to be confused with A, the girl I'm talking to)
Monday started out normally for me even though I am totally not motivated at work. This is my last week in my current job and I just can't be bothered to deal with people's crap. I'm so excited to move on to my new area that I spent most of yesterday submitting the necessary requisitions and access requests instead of doing my normal work. Oops!

When I finally came home, Katie was in a bad mood. I gave her some space and let her do her thing and went out to clean the garage. At 7 PM I came back in to put the kiddos to bed and noticed her mood had not improved (generally she likes me to just give her space when she's upset and it gets better, so this was unusual for me). I chalked it up to a stressful day due to the kids and spring break for some kids she watches so they were here more than normal.

We decided to workout and she said a few times she just wasn't into it (unusual) and then started working out as hard as she could (less unusual but given her mood I thought something was probably wrong). She ended up hurting her foot and after I got her some ice I asked her what was upsetting her so much that she was willing to risk her health like that. She said she's tired of being so unhappy and tired of having more bad days than good. For the first time since January, I didn't get upset. I told her that things would be alright and that it wasn't her fault. I told her that it wasn't anyone's fault and she needed to talk to someone that could help her deal with this. She asked me to leave her alone again so I took a shower and then went upstairs to lay down. She followed me up and fell asleep while I texted A until I couldn't anymore and fell asleep as well.

Side B of Monday
Talked to A for most of the day at work. This may have had something to do with my lack of motivation. I mean, what's more interesting? Crap you won't be doing in a couple of days or someone you just met and are trying to get to know? I know. I have terrible work ethic. DAMN YOU SMART PHONES!

Came home and (see Side A of Monday). Out in the garage I decided to call A while I was cleaning. Only I had forgotten to save her number and I couldn't find it in our texts so she called me. D'oh. I felt like a dork. I talked to her for about 30 minutes and it was the best 30 minutes of my day. Her voice was unlike anything I expected in a good way. To top it off it felt like we talked all night. Not that it dragged on it just was we talked about so much. In fact I think it started out with a topic of microwaves? I don't remember. We talked about sports and our past and just all sorts of randomness. It was amazing. At seven I had to go back in to put the kids to bed and I reluctantly hung up. We texted for the remainder of the night about where our relationship was headed and things we would or wouldn't do based on pre-established rules and what not. Nothing I'm going to get into here but you get the idea. It led to some fun topics for sure. Eventually I was too tired to continue and went to sleep.
"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is the regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable." - Sydney Smith

Kyle: 27 year old male
Katie (rymmare): 25 year old female
Kids: girl: 5 years old, boy: 3 years old

Last edited by KyleKat; 03-28-2012 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Added more detail to Side B