View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowbound View Post
I don't have experience with this but I can say that it's best you don't ask him if you should give your lover up. Generally the answer and feeling behind it is 'YES'. His insecurities are already loud and questions like that will give him the impression that he has control over what you do, when he really doesn't.

I think you can definitely try negotiating and letting him know that his feelings matter, and investigate why he might be feeling the way he does. Since it hasn't been the case until now it's important to find out what could be causing the sudden decline in self-image.

Well, I asked my boyfriend if he wants me to give my lover up when I was feeling guilty, I didn't mean it, and I dont want to. My bf is very laid back and easy going, he really isn't the controlling type, which is why he said it was up to me. My lover is more of the controlling type. I dont think my bf has any self image problems either, he is good looking and in great shape and both my son and I have a great time being with him. The problem started when my lover and I went away for a weekend together, my bf asked me not to go, but I did.