View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 09:47 PM

When I think of where I was when I started this blog, I am so proud of how far I've come in the last year or so. I started it out in the midst of a heart-wrenching breakup/breakdown and felt like I had no control over my life or where I was heading. Today, I am far happier, healthier and more in control than I ever could have dreamed. I appreciate everyone's thoughts, support and advice. I feel like the blog has come to the end of its run and I wanted to write a closing post.

I don't foresee polyamory playing a role in my dating life. I feel happy with my choice of monogamy although I am currently too busy to do much dating. I do feel like I learned some good lessons about communication and not making assumptions from my forays into poly. I'm glad to have gotten such insight into the poly community and I hope to be able to use those experiences in my future career.

Recently, I was accepted into an awesome graduate program and of course, I accepted. I'm excited for my future career and can't wait to get started on my Master's. I'm going to be leaving SLC towards the end of May. I'm really going to miss it here. I have so many memories and I will always treasure this place. In the next two years, I'll get to live in different cities and work with some of the best researchers/practitioners in my field. There are a lot of unknowns stepping into this but I am excited to see what the future holds. It'll be awesome to get to concentrate on my studies and gain lots of experience in my practicums.

Right now, I definitely have full plate. Finishing the current semester, getting closure to relationships here in SLC, making travel arrangements, selling off my belongings, and many other things. I've dated a little on and off in the last few months but nothing has really materialized. I'm glad, in some ways, because a relationship would have made it that much harder to leave. I still haven't had sex yet but I feel confident that an opportunity will come sooner or later. In the meantime, I'm not really in a rush. Although, I'd be open to having a fling before I leave SLC. I'm probably too busy though.

I came to this forum when I began my relationship with O in the summer of 2010. I'm so glad that this place was here as a resource. It provided a lot of valuable information that was difficult to get in other places. The relationship was doomed from the start but I did benefit some what from having frames of reference here. I feel like my time here is coming to a close and that life is taking me in different directions. I don't know if I'll give up the Word Association Game, lol... In any case, thank you to everyone, I appreciate all of you and wish you the best in the future.