Thread: How to...?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
This! Teenagers, however are an entirely different animal all together, especially girls. However, that will be the case no matter what you spent the last 15 years demonstrating and teaching them. Then they enter their 20's an become human again .

I am a mom of 2 boys (16/12) and we have a number of friends also with children (OMG! They're all over 21 now), but we have been close to them for over 10 years. Not only do the kids not care what goes on in the bedroom, they don't want to know. They do NOT talk to their friends about their parents sex life, that would be admitting that your parents actually have sex and that's just too "ICKY" to even think about. Don't try and hide anything from them, it won't work. Just be yourselves.

When your teenager starts spouting their (in my case) "grandparents" political/social nonsense and views, now it's time to step in and have a deep discussion.

So much truth! It's funny, as a kid/teen, I swore I would never fall out of touch with what it's like to be a teen, yet just a few short years later here I sit.

The grandparents would be the issue here, too.

Currently exploring Poly together, our latest adventure.