View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
Since I posted I made a huge decision.
Lately I felt that my heart wasn't really in it anymore.
it did take up a lot of mind space because I was always feeling guilty about not working on it, not posting, letting readers down, not meeting expectations.

So I decided to quit.

... But already I feel such a relief from eliminating this stress factor from my life. I was hanging on to it because I felt defined by it.

... this is the subject that is most important to me now.

Its what I want to write about.
So this is what I'm going to do.
Way to go! There have been several times in my life when I had too much on my plate and found that I was hampered from doing the things that would make me happy because of things that I felt obligated to do that were no longer as important to me. Figuring out what is important to you now and trimming away something that is no longer a passion is not always easy - congratulations on figuring it out and making the decision.

Jane Q

PS. A funny aside - I now can tell when my brain is feeling "overloaded" because I start having very long involved dreams where I am late getting somewhere and can't seem to get dressed - pants are the wrong size, shirt is stained, can't find a matching pair of shoes etc...the pressure is mounting to get out the door, my pager is going off, the phone is ringing, people keep interrupting me...and I CAN'T GET DRESSED! This for me is a sure sign that I need to take something off of my plate.
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe