View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtalon View Post
I think you should discover what makes you happy and not listen when people tell you what should make you happy. They're not you. Their life is not your life. Their happiness is not your happiness.
QFT!

I'm pretty darned happy with my relationships, but I'm not married, never have been. I met First bf nine years ago (Sunday was exactly nine years), and we took up dating. He made friends the man I call Current bf shortly after we started dating. The three of us were great friends. First bf and I broke up, and shortly after that, I started dating Current bf. We lived together many years and remained terrific friends with First bf. Last December, we became a vee, with me at the hinge, and kind of an emotional triad. Eight years in the making. We have a shot. and I'm actually blissfully happy.

I can't imagine another woman that would be happy in my spot (with these particular men). It could happen, sure; is it likely? not at all.

So, what Dr. Talon says is very true. Look for your own happiness. hmmm, sounds familiar, I think Dorothy said that too.....

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)