View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by km34 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Quote:
Aren't men also inclined to using their "sex appeal" to get ahead, if in a position to do so? I know far more men than women who would eagerly take money for sex acts, but since woman aren't generally inclined to pay for it, haven't had the opportunity.
Exactly. A market requires both supply -and- demand.

Quote:
I think I've decided to deem this thread sexist.
If you've read what I just had to say, hopefully you'll change your mind on that.
Nope. Male prostitutes still exist, men doing sex acts with other men for trade v. money is also something that tends to be ignored although it exists.
I never said otherwise. I simply agreed with your statement that "woman aren't generally inclined to pay for it", which is why I brought up supply and demand.

Quote:
How can you discuss how sex work, or whatever you want to refer to it as, overlaps other lifestyles/activities without counting for ALL sex workers?
What gave you the impression that I didn't want to count all sex workers?

Quote:
Your arguments have been focused on the few prostitutes you've met who have agreed (or claimed to agree) with your viewpoints.
I agree that I haven't met many sex workers. That being said, it's one thing to say that I don't have much anecdotal evidence to support my views. It's quite another to say that the sex workers I've heard from don't have much anecdotal evidence. Did you disagree with Maggie Mcniel's article Not for Everybody?

Quote:
@nycindie - I had resisted the urge, but just wanted to point out to dear Scott that he is guilty of ignoring a subpopulation of sex workers just like he claims WE (the poly community, I suppose) have been doing to the prostitutes (and their johns) that he is supposedly arguing for.
Well I'm glad you did km. I came here with an idea, the idea that there is some crossover between polyamory, swinging and sex work. I haven't written a book about it though; ideas can be expanded on and you helped with this, so thanks.