Thread: What is want?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 06:50 PM

Excellent point, ThatGirlInGray! I think I work like that too. I mean if there are enough reasons against something, then the wanting might and probably will stop as well. But for me at least, most of the time, situations aren't that clear. I'll give you a real life example. I have friend that I find attractive. We flirt all the time and I'm pretty sure she finds me attractive as well. She's bi and single, we hang out alone often, so there are opportunities. But. Our friendship goes way back, we've known each other too long. She has had sex with a friend before and that ended their friendship. She says that it's not a good idea to sleep with someone you have a long friendship with because it might jeopardize the friendship and I tend to agree (in my own life, I know people have done that successfully too!). We also have a bit different views on what sex means to us. So.. I would want to have sex with her, but I don't think it's wise. I don't want to take the risk of losing her as a friend. But still, even though I've made that decision long time ago, almost every time she jokingly says something about sex or flirts with me, I have to fight myself not to suggest anything. There's not enough reasons against it so that I wouldn't want it anymore, so I'm just constantly reasoning my way out of wanting.

Blog