View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Is it possible (haven't read your other posts) that some of your jealousy issues stem from long standing issues between you and your husband not working together as true partners? Is this type of behavior typical for him? Have you always been the primary caretaker of the kid, house other things? Is this the first time you have asked/expected emergency help with the kid or did you always just handle things before?

Sorry I didn't answer the questions. We've always worked pretty good as partners. Once we had kids, he was super obsessed with us having an even distribution of labor, which as we all know is not possible when parenting. Sometimes we do a little more than the other in one form or another. I did not mean to make that rhyme.

Anyway, we're both the primary caretaker most of the time. I recently acquired a new job, so the kids go to day care so he can get more sleep. We usually tag team parent since we work opposite shifts. I'm hoping he can get on 1st so we can, you know--operate as a family instead of two people married with kids that switch shifts. This isn't the first time I've asked for help, and he's generally really good about taking care of any of us. I really think it's just my knee jerk reaction. I'm grateful I had the sense to process this here instead of saying something mean, which is something I don't want to do.