View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Oh, what second half? Therapists have told you that polyamory is not for the fainthearted, and made suggestions on how to ground yourself to prepare for it?
No, what I meant was that I've heard this before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Well, maybe by doing some of those things your therapists have suggested, heh-heh. Let love and loving yourself be the guiding factor in your relationships. Seriously, exercise helps. Volunteer. Do something creative. Look at and talk about your feelings. Find a group to belong to. Work on esteem issues. They say if you want self-esteem, do esteemable things. There's so much we can do to bring ourselves up out of a funk and feel better even if it never goes away, and to not drain the people we love with neediness or whatever.
You assume I haven't tried all of these things before, never mind continuing to do them now, with little result. Just like they do. You assume that obviously I can't have done these things because I'm still depressed, and if I did then I'd be fine. Please don't assume these things, because when you are wrong it is quite insulting - it's always better to ask instead.

Again, I appreciate that you are trying to help, so thank you for that. I will probably try to work on not feeling bad around my friends, although I still don't feel I can tell them without making them uncomfortable.