View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowbound View Post
To be honest I just see it as something to work through on both your parts. Another man still wouldn't be you; he still wouldn't be bringing the exact same things or qualities into the relationship that you do in your marriage. But it definitely takes time to get there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGirlInGray View Post
Just to bring a different point of view to the same-sex vs opposite-sex conversation, MC has always been of the opinion that, if he were going to worry about me leaving him for someone else, he'd be MORE worried about me leaving him for a woman BECAUSE of the differences and the feeling that she might be able to provide something he can't. Thankfully he isn't threatened by my relationships with either gender, but we'd have a serious problem if he felt threatened by other guys, since it's usually easier for me to make friends with guys than girls so most of my relationships tend to be with men.

I completely understand people who say, "I have a different relationship with my boyfriend than I do with my girlfriend." But those who say that or feel like that is the "norm" or standard need to realize that ALL relationships are different, regardless of the presence or absence of the Y chromosome or a penis.

Kyle, only 2 more days! (Less, depending on what time she gets back) Take a deep breath, remember you did a good job and you made it!
You both said roughly the same thing so I'll respond to both. Men are different, yes, but they are still men. They still have no idea what it feels like to be a girl (in any of the millions of ways we're different). I guess what I've always thought about is less about parts or personalities and more about sensations. I suppose, in a way, now that I think about it your husband is right, Grey. It would be easier for a girl to steal another girl. DAMNIT! Way to ruin my logic from the past 10 years. Despite you crushing my beliefs, I don't feel threatened by anyone. I do feel threatened by distance and location though. My wife was pretty impressed with Cali, lol.

She should be getting back at 6 PM. I have to work so I'll be running up there to pick her up. I have a huge surprise in store for her. I don't think she's been checking these forums, but I'm not going to tell what it is until after just in case I'm wrong.

Kyle: 27 year old male
Katie (rymmare): 25 year old female
Kids: girl: 5 years old, boy: 3 years old