View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Yeah... and I don't think I was being irresponsible at all in contributing to this thread. My intention has been to be helpful, not preachy. If that doesn't come across, well, maybe I give up.
I already and originally, stated you called the comment sexist, not them. You don`t have to live by my, or anyone else`s view of what is right or wrong. I also don`t see fault in your intentions, just the result.

You are entitled to not only your opinion, but your beliefs. I had just hoped you would be more responsible with words like sexism. Maybe ask for clarification, before ruling it as so. NOTHING he said had any link to sexism. The questioning was in line with whatever 'partner' was at home.
Tossing 'sexism' around, anytime we don`t like what we hear, is also irresponsible. I don`t agree with the use of words like racist, sexist, bigot, etc., being used so flippantly. It seems to be ok to some people, but not to me.

This little debate started, because you assumed I was stating something personal, when I wasn`t. Now you don`t like what you read, and seem perplexed ? You asked, I answered.

Edit to add : I`ve derailed the thread enough, and I`ve made any point I wanted to make. If there is anymore need for debate, feel free to PM. For now, the weather is smartening up outside, and I need to get back to work.

Last edited by SourGirl; 03-09-2012 at 06:42 PM.