View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGirl View Post
Well you did use profanity as leverage, on a thread preaching how we talk to people.
Right. So why not just fucking say what's bothering you instead of pretending it doesn't and making a joke about it which gets under the skin?
Oh, I just like the F-word. And I wasn't preaching about how to talk to people. I cautioned the OP to look at what's behind his jokes, as a way to understand himself better and prevent possibly sabotaging his relationship with his wife, and expressed my dismay at sexism I saw in others' remarks, with the intention of illuminating a viewpoint that perhaps they hadn't thought of. Preaching? No, I really don't give a fuck if anyone agrees with me or not. Oops, there's the F-word again!

Quote:
However I have to ask, isn`t it some kind of irony ? Here you are offering advice/opinions on how to interact with people over passive-aggressive wording, or emotionally charged discussions, yet it doesn`t seem to move you, that one of the things we as society should be careful of, is emotionally-charged labels such as 'racist' or 'sexist' ?
Really, I didn't know I was supposed to be careful not to use those terms. I didn't know the word was so emotionally charged that a person can't let someone know when they see something as sexist. Sexism is so rampant in this society. It's everywhere, why not point it out. I don't see any irony.

Quote:
You are assuming, and faulting him for something he would of equally said to two men. He posts often enough that it is general knowledge.
It isn't general knowledge to me that he would have said the same thing about a man. Again, I was not calling DH or SoCalDoc sexists, but stated that the ideas they expressed were sexist, or at least seemed sexist to me.

Quote:
Having a different point of view then you, does not make the remark sexist, unless he eluded, or out-right stated, that she was doing it simply because she is a woman, and he is a man.
Well, my perspective is all I have to go on, and it seemed pretty sexist to me, so I stand by it. I don't think it's rude to say something is sexist. I supposed I should have clarified that it is sexist in my opinion, but no one else needs to agree with me.

Quote:
It does however, make you equally as guilty of sexism, as what you accuse him to be.
However, AnneInTheRain out-right stated, that she only see`s men do 'this'. There is no sexist out-cry there, as she is supporting your point.

And so, the double-standard is set. Talk about damned if ya do, damned if ya don`t.
So, my mistake is in uttering the word "sexist?" Because I'm supposed to be careful about it? But if I say men do this or women do that, it's not the same as saying something is sexist? This does not make any sense to me whatsoever.

Quote:
There is a difference between having an opinion, and being opinionated. 'Opinions' comes with responsibility.
Yeah... and I don't think I was being irresponsible at all in contributing to this thread. My intention has been to be helpful, not preachy. If that doesn't come across, well, maybe I give up.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia

Click here for a Solo Poly view on hierarchical relationships
Click here to find out why the Polyamorous Misanthrope is feeling disgusted.

Last edited by nycindie; 03-09-2012 at 05:58 PM.